Thursday 7 May 2015

Pitch Perfect 2: a slice of a movie review

WARNING SPOILER ALERT

So my housemate and I just got back from seeing Pitch Perfect 2. 

 This is not going to be a major movie review but just a slice... because I am not expert commentator when it comes to movies but this... this needs to be said. 

There is a part of the movie where Fat Amy and Bumper are at a party and are flirting. Bumper flat out says to Fat Amy "Do you want to have sex with me?" Fat Amy says "no... no way" and then winks at him. Bumper says "wait so you you just winked at me does that mean that you do want to have sex with me?" And Fat Amy again says "no".. and winks again. 

The movie makes out that this exchange is hilariously funny and we all know that Bumper and Fat Amy are eventually going to get together have sex and make gorgeous babies... 

My problem though is this. If you ask someone if they want to have sex with you and they say no... accept it move on. Until you get a firm yes do not even think about it... do not GO there. 

NO MEANS NO. 

If you get asked by someone do you want to have sex. Your answers should never be vague or non-committal because it gets confusing. The answers should be YES, NO or even NOT NOW but let's talk about later. 

Or if you're like me... sure when you put a ring on it and we get married. 

There have been too many girls who have got themselves in situations where they were flirty and winked at guys and said one thing with their mouth, another with their eyes and then got themselves in a whole lot of trouble- raped or worse. 

I guess my concern is that even though this is just a movie there are a lot of people out there who unknowingly use movies as guides to their lives especially if their favourite actress just happens to be Rebel Wilson. 

Thoughts to ponder... 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read please comment here