Thursday 31 October 2013

Revival has come... Transitioning after Harvest School


I am so grateful that even though the first ever Iris Micronesia Harvest School has  finished and my Iris Family is now literally dispersed around the globe- Thailand, Canada, the United States, Jordan, Philippines, Uganda, Australia, Madagascar, Europe, to name a few... Abba is never finished.
Saying goodbye to people who have become close family is never easy. We always knew that the day would come when we would have to say our goodbyes and depart to go and be His hands and feet in the world. It's tough though when it's  people you have done life with in constant community for 9 weeks. The ones who have seen you grow, who have seen you laugh and cry and have shared experiences of water survival on old Japanese landing strips and climbing mountains called Nana Lau. Eating way more rice and chicken than you could have thought possible and  bonding over having feet that are never quite dry and bug bites that never quite heal. All good things must come to an end though. (hah!) Otherwise we wouldn’t be able to go find other good things... the best things- the God ordained Kingdom come stuff- the whole reason why we flew to Pohnpei in the first place.

I was privileged enough to spend an extra week at Nicho Marine Park- my home for the last 9 weeks with the idea being I’d “have a holiday” before heading out into the wild! Haha! Father God came crashing in on those plans and I got to be a part of the revival that is here to stay in the Village of Pihs (pronounced Peace).

During school 2 tribes (small accountability groups of 10-12 people) had been able to go and visit Pihs for their Village Outreach weekend. The idea behind these weekends was to go and stay in a village with a host family and love on the people, learn culture and be Jesus-using words if necessary!

The first tribe returned with amazing stories of hospitable, generous people-. The team had been showered upon with so much love- they were fed well, serenaded as they ate, given Micronesian clothes to wear and then had been used to unleash an amazing outpouring of God’s presence. People were healed, blind people could see, deaf people could hear.  The second tribe who went a couple of weekends later also had an amazing time and experienced more of the Lord- the people were filled with joy to overflowing and many people began to speak in tongues.

As I sat and listened to these stories my heart cry was to be able to go and visit this Village and see it for myself. The Sunday after graduation a beautiful couple from the church we had been attending invited me to come and stay with them for a few days. I wasn’t sure as I didn’t know how I would get there- but when they offered to come and pick me up from Nicho I said yes- it was then I found out that they lived in the Village of Pihs!

That night as I sat in the very house that the other two groups had stayed in I was overwhelmed by the goodness of the Lord!  I got to see it! - God however wanted me there for more than just seeing!Ever since the two groups had come- the village had begun to hunger and thirst after the things of God and had been meeting nightly in the house. The first night they asked me to share a short word which of course I did- and then promptly fell asleep on my camp mattress I had brought with me before the meeting had even finished I was so tired- a high compliment apparently because it meant I felt comfortable around them.

I had a lovely day on the Thursday hanging out, playing games with the kids, eating lots of yummy food that wasn’t chicken or rice and resting. Again that evening there was a meeting. What I didn’t know at the time was that God was going to show up in the biggest outpouring of His goodness and mercy and love for that Village yet (their words not mine).

I was asked to share again and talked about how it’s easy to love people who love you well. People who treat you kindly, people who give you clothes (I was given a dress that I was wearing as I spoke) and fix your hair in braids. (one of the ladies had done this for me too) But the Bible talks about loving your enemy and blessing those people who spitefully use you because if you don’t love them then you don’t really love God. I then offered to pray for anyone who wanted prayer and then sat down. As Judah translated my message for those who didn’t speak English well.. in that moment heaven came crashing in on us! I was astounded to look up from my position on the concrete floor to see at least 10 people sitting on the floor in front of me wanting prayer.

I stepped out in faith and Jesus definitely met us in that moment. I  was a witness to an incredible wave of revival and fresh outpouring- men who had previously stayed away from meetings accepted Jesus into their lives. Many people asked God to forgive them from deep seated bitterness and anger towards others, people got healed and and filled with joy. There are so many stories that it’s difficult to explain them all. The next morning the village people started calling me Lianpihs (Lady of Peace) and said that I was like a one-man army and when they talk about the groups coming to visit they will say that three groups came not just two.

I am so completely overwhelmed by God’s goodness, mercy and grace. I am a simple Jar of Clay- a vessel that God has used to pour out more of Him. I have nothing in and of myself- only what has been imparted to me. As I type this though I know that God used me because he wanted to show me that I can do ministry with just Him. I am His hands and feet and as I strap on my boots and parachute in to South Africa I know that I am called, I am chosen I have beautiful feet and God is going to keep using me… because I said yes to Him.
 Transitioning isn't easy though and as I post this I am in my new home in South Africa walking my testimony and learning again to be still and know that I am God (Psalm 46:10)  I am so grateful for what he is done and I am grateful for Jeremiah 29:11 that still holds true even now..
For I know the plans I have for you.. for God and not for evil to bring a bright future and a hope
I choose to walk in that today!  
 Koht ih me mwahu! (God is so good!)
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Just lovely Claire. Love how God is using you and praying for a smooth transition.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you read please comment here