Monday 30 December 2013

Even though life is messy

So life is rather messy here of late. It's been incredibly hard and I feel like I've done ten rounds with Mike Tyson. I know I'm a conqueror and that I have fabulous people who are in my corner with the pom-poms out madly cheering me on. But that doesn't magically take away the bruises that I have sustained as I've fought my ten rounds or the pain. I have to endure that part and get my trainer Jesus to come with his medical kit and patch me up. I need to sit together in the locker room with Him and debrief and listen to His game plan so that I position myself better for the next encounter with the opposition. Whatever that looks like I want to be ready. 

Emmanuel: God with us. 

In our messiness God is with us

Jesus understands messy.  He was born in a stable with manure and stinkiness from the animals to start with. He faced opposition and threats from the religious people of the day who said they knew His father and he did way more than 10 rounds with His enemy and WON the ultimate victory! So I could have freedom and liberty and life more abundantly. 

 Here is today's life more abundantly list (aka things I'm thankful that I do have) 

1. This apartment... I realised again today that besides good friends, family and food the three things I love next are hammocks, a good hot bath and a view. This apartment has all three! The triple whammy of goodness right there. 

2. Internet that is unlimited with wi-fi! I have been able to skype and check email and write blog posts and download Doctor Who episodes including the 50th anniversary episode which I thought I would have to sacrifice with being a missionary and all. 

3. It's not humid and sticky and hot here in Johannesburg... In fact it was so cold yesterday I wore my tracky daks and socks! Today looks to be more of the same. Gotta be thankful for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read please comment here