Sunday 18 October 2015

The fog of uncertainty

I have been feeling lately like there is a bit of uncertainty in my life at the moment. #this universitylife #masters is fast coming to an end. Next year I know for sure that I will be in Townsville but that's about it... 

Here is a preview of my uncertain shopping list
1. new place to live 
2. new job/s (including maybe Guidance Counselling)
3. INSERT NUMBER 3 here

I was talking to a new friend yesterday afternoon and I got this picture of a swirling fog of uncertainity... a fog of confusion, even though I know that I am standing on solid rock, I cannot see more than a finger breadth in front of my face. 

I have many new friends who are cheering me on and I know for sure that I am not alone, but oh boy do I want to get out of the fog! I seriously want to run a thousand miles in the opposite direction. 

Do you remember when Luke Skywalker crashes his ship in the swamp on the Dagobah system in Star Wars Empire Strikes Back? If I start running by myself I'll definitely get sucked under by a swamp monster just like R2D2 did then spit back up and land upside down in a tree root. Which undoubtedly means I'll get even more muddy and slimy because I'm human not a droid!

I realised today that this fog,  unlike the Dagobah system is a fog created by God-  not to punish me or to scare me but because he doesn't want me to know everything right now... my focus needs to continue to be finishing the 4 and a half assessment pieces I have to go,  jumping from one solid stepping stone to the next, even though I literally cannot see. 

 I have to TRUST that the uncertainty is for purpose. Not only that, I need to EMBRACE the uncertainty because it was CREATED by God who LOVES me. 

Really, it's like a massive game of hide and seek, you know that the one you love the most is somewhere... but you don't quite know where, so with the child like faith of a child I choose to take a step INTO the uncertainty NOT away from it.

Because.. well like a loving Father I know for sure he will be there somewhere, my PapaGod ALWAYS has treasure in his pockets!





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read please comment here